Sunday, March 2, 2008

Estoy bien mama



Nov.26-Dec.2, 2007
The boys both love going out in the rain puddles which are very abundant in Houston.
Levi made the sign for medicine today and said “meh meh” He was pretty pleased with himself
Isaac can say “estoy bien mama” y estoy feliz, estoy triste, estaba triste, estoy chillando—he’s good at expressing the state of his feelings in both languages.
After we go somewhere now Isaac likes to say, “We had such an exciting trip today. What was your favorite part of the trip?” and then he’ll say without waiting, “I like that too. My favorite part was. . . .” He learned the phrases from Dora the Explorer and its pretty cute to hear him to say them. We’re trying to get him to wait for the other person to say something though before he jumps in with “I like that too” I guess I can see why he’s confused though, because on the Dora show she always pauses after the first question so kids can supposedly talk to the t.v. and then she just continues with “I like that too.”
Levi gives kisses now! He was playing with mirror the other day and I told him “dale un beso al niƱo” and he did it. Now he’ll give kisses if you ask him English or Spanish. I’m always amazed at how much more he understands than I realize. When we were outside I told him “traeme la pelota” and he brought me the ball. Pretty cool.
Isaac has a new talent that we discovered. He likes alphabet games. If you ask him what word starts with the letter “F” for example, he likes trying to think of all of the words he knows that start with F like flag or firetruck. The funny bilingual moment of the week was when Isaac saw a flag and said “F is for Flag” and then he said “F es para bandera” and tried to teach him that “B” is for Bandera in Spanish but its kind of a tricky concept right now.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: