Tuesday, November 27, 2007


Sept.17-Sept.23
Levi really loves being outside and he’ll stand by the door like a cat waiting to be let out. His favorite thing lately is to ride on his little red car and play with the croquet mallets. The funny thing is that he can actually hit the balls around—maybe he’s destined to be a croquet champion.
I went out of town on Thursday night to go to Oakland, CA for my sister’s wedding and James stayed here to take care of the boys. It was great to see Jenny and finally meet Fredy. He’s a really cool guy and a perfect match for my sister. The trip was a really nice break for me, and a good learning experience for James (he said that he’d always appreciated what I did, but he definitely appreciates me A LOT more now.)
Isaac has regressed on the potty training momentum. I think when I went out of town he stopped doing “potty power” as a form of protest.

Sept.24-Sept.30, 2007
Levi is getting really good at doing the sign for milk and he does his own version of the sign for light. In fact, light is his new favorite thing—especially the ability to control light, yep, he’s obsessed with light switches. He loves the powerful feeling of turning on and off lights. He’ll stand and whine under the switches until you lift him up.
Levi is a great veggie eater. He actually loves broccoli. Unfortunately, Isaac still tries to huck anything green off of his plate. I wasn’t so successful in turning Isaac into a veggie lover. I have to sneak veggies into his food. Tomato sauce is my secret weapon ( I like to blend in lots of sautéed veggies like zuchinni, squash, and green peppers that he would never eat alone).
So we had a little incident on Monday. . .I had put Levi down for his afternoon nap and I was letting Isaac watch a movie while I crashed and took a nap because I had stayed up way too late the night before. I woke up to the kitchen floor being flooded and poop floating in the water. Not a pretty sight. I had to get every towel in the house to mop in up and I was so mad at Isaac that I took the TV and put it in “time out” in the closet. The T.V. has stayed there all week.
Isaac always wants to affirm that in December we’re going to the airport to see our family. Its really cute when he tells me in Spanish “En diciembre vamos al aeropuerto y vamos a subir en el cielo en un avion.”
Levi tripped over a croquet mallet outside on Saturday and scraped up his nose and forehead pretty bad. At least he didn’t split his lip again.
I got Isaac a little people garage set as a reward for getting potty training stars and he’s absolutely obessed with it right now. He loves the elevator and the slide. He also named one of the little people Aunt Julia Barclay and another one Uncle JoJo which is pretty darn cute.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: