Tuesday, November 27, 2007

October 2007



Oct. 1-Oct.7, 2007
I trained Levi to throw his diapers in the garbage on Thursday. It takes a little coaxing, but he’ll actually do it and then does a happy dance when he’s done and I praise him.
Isaac stumped me tonight when he wanted to learn a bunch of landscaping vocabulary in Spanish. He said, “how do you say lawn mower, leaf blower, and weed wacker in Spanish?” I had to call James (he was out of town) for technical vocab support.
We’ve had a not so good week in potty training land with Isaac. He pooped in his pants twice at school which didn’t thrill his teachers. All I can say is that we’re working on it.
Levi absolutely loves playing outside. He’s very interested in the grass, rocks, dirt, trees, and anything he can touch. He’s tried to eat dirt a few times, but he’s gotten better about the putting everything in his mouth.
Levi likes making the sign for “up” and he can also make the “p” sound for “up” and he also loves fish and will make the “sh” sound for fish.

Oct.8-Oct.14, 2007
Isaac’s favorite book right now is called “Tito the Firefighter.” He loves reading about the firetruck racing down the street to the scene of the fire. He always asks me what a fire truck says and loves to hear my siren sound effects. Levi has heard us talk about it so much that if you ask him what a firetruck says he’ll go “woo! Woo! Woo!”
I’ve had a cold this week and so its been hard sometimes to have the energy to keep my house clean and manage my kids. Luckily James has been in town all week and he took the kids to the gym a few times to give me a break.
Levi’s new favorite thing is bubbles. He squeals with delight when we blow bubbles and he really tries to say the word “buh-buhls.” Its pretty cute.
Isaac is finally starting to be consistent about using first person instead of third person to talk about himself. He’ll say “why am I being naughty?” and if he’s feeling angelic, “I want to kiss baby Levi”
Isaac has now pooped 3 times at school and his teachers have kind of lost their patience with it. They say that he can stay through the end of October, but then I’ll have to pull him out at the end of the month. It’s not the end of the world, but its definitely a bummer.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Julia said...

So cute! Hopefully Isaac will regain his "potty power"! Your boys ARE SO CUTE!