Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving



Nov.24-Nov.30, 2008
Cold Monday—lots of role playing games with the boys. We only made it out of the apartment for music class and by that time the boys were very ready to get out and run around. We left early and I let them collect sticks for a while in front of the boy scout building. The boys both wanted to wear their superman outfits to class.


Isaac has fully entered the “WHY” stage, except for most of the time he says “how” instead of “why.” He’ll say things like “how is it that we don’t have a swimming pool on our roof” And “how did I not want to be reverent in church?”

Levi surprises me everyday with how well he understands and communicates. After getting home from playing with his friend Jordan today he said, “mom, I want Buzz lighyear shoes like Jordan. We need to go shopping for Buzz Lightyear shoes. He cracks me up.

I had my OB appointment on Tuesday morning and she said everything looks good. I had partial placenta previa on my first ultrasound, but the ultrasound they did on Friday showed that everything was okay now. The baby’s weight is fiftieth percentile and there’s plently of fluid in the womb. I also passed my glucose test, Dr. Prilou did say that since my iron count was low in my last blood test, I need to start taking an iron supplement in addition to my prenatal vitamin.

Isaac really loves elevators. Today he wanted to go over to the Central Library just so that he could push the letter “R” for roof. We went up there, but all of the doors to get out on the roof were locked. Isaac loves asking people what floor they’re going to and pushing the button for them.

Levi is obsessed with popcorn, but he’ll still eat lots of other good foods like cucumbers, asparagus, baby tomatoes, and carrots. I really wish that Isaac would eat vegetables like Levi!! Isaac drives me crazy with his eating habits and I know that I’m part of the problem because I’ve let him get away with it.

Isaac seems very sensitive to my moods now and if I’m not smiling he’ll say, “mom, how is your mouth feeling?”—its kind of his subtle hint that I need to remember to smile.

Levi’s new favorite game is “momma cave.” He really enjoys pretending that the bed spread on Isaac’s bed is a cave and then getting tickled inside the “cave.”

We found the Toy Story 2 music soundtrack at the library and the boys love listening to track number four over and over and pretending to fly around the house like Buzz Lightyear. I really need to take a short video clip of it because it looks really funny to see them running all over the place with their hands stretched out in front of them.

Isaac wanted to know this week where the baby will come out of me. He wanted to know if the baby was coming out of my mouth—well not exactly. . .I remember when I was a kid I thought that babies came out of the belly button.

Thanksgiving!! We had a very nice Thanksgiving celebration with the Millers and the Hollingshaus family over at Edgewater Apartments. We had the big turkey dinner over there potluck style and then everybody came over to our place for games and dessert. Isaac and Levi had a blast playing with Jackson and Jordan. Isaac actually ate some of the turkey which was a total miracle. He also ate almost a pint of strawberries from the fruit salad. Levi was too distracted with the Buzz Lightyear toys to even think about eating.

Isaac asked me tonight why his friend Jackson had to go far away in May. He overhead John talking about his job offer in San Francisco and how they’ll be moving. It’s hard because Isaac’s really starting to understand things like people moving and not coming back. He kept saying, “I just want Jackson to stay here in Philadelphia with me!” It’s going to be really difficult for Isaac to lose a good friend. I’m really glad that he’s got Levi though and at least he has the security of knowing that they’ll stick together because they’re brothers.

Isaac and Levi and VERY excited about Christmas. Isaac is the most excited because he loves the idea of Santa Claus bringing presents. He can now say in Spanish “quiero ir al polo norte”

The boys woke up Sunday morning and decided that they wanted to pretend to be the Wiggles. Isaac was Greg, Levi was Anthony, I was Murray, and James was Jeff. It was hilarious because Isaac kept up pretty well with the Australian accent. He also insisted on wearing yellow to church so he could be in Greg colors. We compromised with a yellow t-shirt under a blue sweater.
I love my boys.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Julia said...

Holy cow! We can't believe how fast the boys are growing up!!! Thanks for such detailed posts...it's fun to read all the cute and fun things the boys are doing. We miss you guys! Hopefully we'll see you all soon...BEFORE the boys are teenagers and no longer want to play with Uncle Timo anymore. :P -Love, Julia and Timo.