Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Another Boy!

Sept. 22-28, 2008
Isaac and I have a new game when we’re walking through town. I say “yo veo un. . .” and then I say something that I see using Spanish vocab like “un carro rojo” or “una puerta verde” Isaac really gets into it and if he doesn’t know the word in Spanish he’ll ask me so it’s a good way to learn new words.
I finally got Levi to say “leche por favor”—he definitely prefers to say milk, but he’ll humor me.
I met a cool girl named Marina through the Wharton Kids Club. She and her husband are Russian, but they lived for a few years in Shanghai, China and their little five year old girl speaks Russian, Mandarin Chinese, and English. And I thought managing two languages was tricky!
I successfully cut both of the boys hair by myself this week. I’m not saying that its perfect, but at least their bangs aren’t in their eyes and there are no spots that look overly crooked. Levi cooperated pretty well as long as he was distracted and Isaac resisted for a while and then finally gave in and let me do some snipping. I wish there were a kids haircut place close by, but since there isn’t its forcing me to learn a new skill.
I found out on Tuesday that we’re having another boy! Ay caramba. We’re excited but I have to admit that Isaac did have me convinced that it was going to be a girl. Maybe I’m just meant to have boys. My mom says that we’ll be able to have a sports team soon. Isaac was pretty dissappointed because he was positive that he was going to have a baby sister. When I told him about the ultrasound, he said, "no mom--the doctor is wrong!" He was in denial at first, but he's starting to warm up to the idea. Now he wants to name the baby Max after the bunny rabbit from the show "Max and Ruby"
Isaac talks like Bob the Tomato and Tolola lately. He does the Tolola British accent really well and his favorite quote is, “after a bedtime treat, its time to brush our teeth.” His Bob phrases lately are, “you might be wondering why. . .” and “I suppose. . .”
Levi made is first foray into pretending Isaac style on Thursday. He came into the kitchen and announce, I’m Dora you’re Boots.
Our Chilean friends—Maria Paz and her two kids, Matias and Pepita, came over for a playdate on Friday morning. Since I’ve left Isaac with Maria before Isaac was worried I would leave him. In his haste to tell me not to leave him, he forgot the word for leave in Spanish and said, Mama, no me “leave-es” It was hilarious to hear him conjugate an English verb in Spanish.
Isaac said, “mom, do Bob the tomato and Larry the cucumber go pepee in the toilet?” I said, “ofcourse they do and he said, “but mom, they don’t have any holes!” Good observation.
On Saturday Red Bull sponsored a really cool motorcycle show a couple of blocks from our apartment and it was pretty amazing. The stunt riders were doing flips and all kinds of cool bike tricks. After watching for a few minutes Isaac said, “I didn’t know motorcycle could fly mom!”
Levi can use irregular verbs in the past tense—“ I caught a fish mom” and “I found it”
Levi is very excited about space ships these days and he’ll point to church steeples when we drive by and yell “rocketship”
Isaac and Levi have a new brotherly interaction. Levi will look at Isaac and say, “you’re a mermaid!” and then Isaac will respond, “you’re a monster!” and they’ll repeat this going back and forth—sometimes getting confused and switching and its pretty darn hilarious.
Sunday afternoon we went out when the rain slowed to a drizzle and Isaac and Levi had a blast jumping in the puddles in their rain boots. They both got completely soaked though and we had to head home for bathtime.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Summer said...

Congratulations on the haircuts and I think the sticker story is great. But, mostly congratulations on the expected baby boy! You'll know just what to do and you'll have all the clothes he needs. Also, who is Tolola? Is that the Spanish version of Lola from Charlie and Lola?

Little Miss Sunshine said...

Congratulations, Kristy! Having three boys is so much fun, I should know ;)
Although I'm not sure about that close together, lol. Big Red and I both shared a big laugh about the 'cucumber pee-pee toliet' story. And the stickers all over the face.Life is sure not boring at your house. Hugz

rusted sun said...

Congratulations! Maybe Issac wants to name the baby Max after the friend he didn't get to know when you moved from Houston. We sure miss you guys! Maya and Max ask about you often. Stay cool.
-Alisa and Lonnie